Human Resources Manager
JACQUELINE LYNN JACKSON, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
6420 Stagecoach Avenue, Firestone, CO 80504
Provide superior Human Resources Management and Strategic Leadership to a company that values employee talent and supports the opportunity to utilize my skills, expertise, and employee relations abilities as an integral strategic business partner. My long-term goals are focused on making a significant difference to the company’s strategic objectives, company culture, impact the bottom-line profits, provide value to the community, and enhance the daily lives of the employees.
March 2008 – August 2016
Position: Human Resources Director
Sashco, Inc. (Manufacturing – Sealants & Adhesives)
Strategic accomplishments, as a member of the Leadership Team, include initiating programs which lead to the implementation of company-wide change management processes, organizational development, and employee development/training.
- · Provided organizational development to Leadership Team and executive management and leadership to the HR team. Oversight of the HR staff in directing all human resources activities including staffing, training, organizational development, performance management, employee assessment/career counseling activities.
- · Lead the HR function through an evolution as an administrative function to what is now a strong strategic business partnership. Through this process efficient business HR systems, processes, and procedures were implemented which elevated the strategic business performance of the HR role and provided a way to proactively guide the organization through the anticipated strong growth curve.
In addition, essential functions of the position included oversight of payroll, compensation and benefits, legal compliance, staff communications, EEO, OSHA safety, Worker’s Compensation, and HRIS administration, employee relations, investigation and mediation, counseling/advising, coaching/mentoring, human resource project management, and all aspects of employment law/risk management.
March 2007 – March 2008
Position: Human Resources Strategic Consultant
Self-Employed – Contracted with Several Employers
Upon receiving an attractive job elimination package from First Community Bank due to the acquisition of my previous employer, Heritage Bank, I was able to take some time off to travel, further my educational goals, and provide HR Consulting on a part-time basis to Dryland Stucco and Loud Financial. I provided certified HR expertise, on an independent contract basis, to the leadership and management of local small businesses. Development and implementation of an HR Foundations System that includes HR projects such as employee records management, employee manual/handbook creation, full-scope recruiting program, HR process/procedures/manuals, new hire/on-boarding process, payroll/benefits processing & audit trails, performance management system, employee discipline system, exiting employee process, job description creation, compensation review & planning, annually required reporting and postings, and implementation of overall solid HR practices to ensure compliance with Federal and State employment laws.
June 2001-March 2007
Position: Human Resources Director
Heritage Bank/First Community Bank
Provided leadership and management to the HR staff and directing all human resources activities including staffing, training, organizational development, payroll, compensation and benefits, legal compliance, staff communications, EEO, safety and HRIS administration. Served as a member of the Management Committee and provided counsel concerning human resources activities impacting business decisions and strategic planning. Heritage Bank/First Community Bank has 20+ locations in the Metro Denver area. In addition, essential functions of the position included employee relations, investigation/mediation, counseling/advising, coaching/mentoring, human resource project management, and all aspects of employment law/risk management.
Established and developed the HR function from inception and implemented business HR systems, processes, and procedures that elevated the strategic business performance of the HR role. Under my leadership, HR was the leading component of strategic planning. All of these initiatives outlined below had a significant impact on the growth, development, and success of the company. Strategic accomplishments included the following:
- · Recruiting and retention efforts that decreased turnover by 17% over a 12-month period.
- · Implemented a full HRIS system, automated payroll, and streamlined all HR processes which saved approximately $25,000 a year in overtime and extra administrative costs.
- · Analyzed the benefits program and introduced a leading-edge HSA (Health Savings Account) program that dropped the benefits costs to the organization by 6%.
- · Created a full-scope recruiting program (Hire-for-Fit) that enhanced sales initiatives, customer relations support, and met the goal of increasing products per household by 60%.
- · Developed a “Culture Council” to maintain continuous employee communication which enhanced employee relations, job satisfaction, and fostered a unique, trusting business culture based on the book Good to Great.
- · Created management training, succession planning, career development, and HR metrics programs that linked directly to retention, performance management, and employee relations initiatives.
June 1990 – June 2001
Position: AVP/Human Resources Manager
Hanifen, Imhoff Inc./Fiserv Correspondent Services
Overall responsibility for coordination and implementation of human resources activities to include the daily management of the HR staff, recruiting/employment, salary administration, benefits, employment policies, training, EEO, and strategic planning/staffing requirements. In addition, essential functions of the position include employee relations, mediation, counseling, mentoring, human resource project management, and all aspects of employment law. I also had 10 employees at a time under my supervision during my tenure in the Corporate Administration Department.
- · B.S. in HR Management at DeVry University - 2013 with a 3.8 GPA – Educational Excellence Recognition as a Member of Sigma Beta Delta; Seeking an MBA Program specializing in Organizational Psychology; Graduate of Aims Community College, Greeley CO 1988- Associates of Applied Sciences – Major: Business Administration
- · SPHR (Senior Professional Human Resources) Certification – Nationally Recognized Senior Professional of Human Resources – HRCI (National Human Resources Certification Institute) – PHR/SPHR Prep Courses at Regis University
- · SHRM-SCP (Society for Human Resources Management – Senior Certified Professional) Certification – Nationally Recognized Certification
- · Trained as a certified analyst in behavioral trait assessments with AVA, Predictive Index, Myers Briggs, and Alpha Leadership Systems. Additional courses completed through Mountain States Employers Council specializing in HR Management, Business Administration, Advanced Computer Literacy, Performance Management, Behavioral Interviewing, Project Management, and Supervisory Management.
- · Strong expertise in human resources management, organizational development, and business leadership. Updated knowledge in all aspects of employment law. Well versed in benefits, payroll, job analysis, compensation planning, training, career path program development, and succession planning.
- · Superior abilities in employee relations, coaching, mentoring, counseling, mediation, communications, and providing HR/business consultation to senior management.
- · Advanced skills with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and GroupWise; Visio Software, ADP Payroll, Paychex, Paylocity, Ceridian, ReportSmith, Crystal Reports, Unitime Timekeeping, ABRA HRIS, Ceridian and ADP HRIS, Paylocity & Paychex HRIS, and all other office equipment.
- · Outstanding organizational/prioritization abilities. Grammatical proficiency with high attention to detail. Good written communication as well as strong policy writing skills and development of job descriptions, compensation planning, and proposal.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS: Member of Sigma Beta Delta, SHRM, CHRA, and BAHRA
REFERENCES: Personal and Professional References Available Upon Request