Director Customer Service
1410 Whitehall Dr #B
Longmont, Colorado 80504
Highly skilled and motivated CUSTOMER service leader with a proven Track record of Success. Adept at utilizing leadership and team building to create a professional service culture. Noted as a strategic business partner with sales, IT, logistics, finance, billing, and legal departments.
HACH COMPANY 2010-Present
World leader in water quality testing equipment and chemicals.
Senior Customer Support Manager
- Developed process for reduction of order errors, by 50%
- Lead a Kaizen that Created new process for increasing transactional efficiencies by 12%
- Increased service levels to customers by 15%
- Increased cross sales and up sales in the support dept from $5.1M to $7.1 in 3 years.
- Developed lead process that increased sales from closed leads from $120K to $3.0M
- Developed CAREER PATH for all employees in the department
- Developed and promoted 25 individuals up or out of the Customer Support Department in past 2 years
- Developed and delivered customer loyalty training, creating a new culture within the department
MICRO MOTION INC. 2006-2010
Senior Customer Service Manager
- Developed CAREER PATH for Inside Sales Representatives and Sales Facilitators to advance in their current path within the ISR role or to transition to other departments in MMI
- Created process for GLOBAL ORDER Escalation, and facilitated the expediting of orders through the process. Working with and within many different departments to meet our customer’s needs.
- Focus on continuous improvement Part of 15 CIP (Continuous Improvement Team) teams leading 3 of them. Quote follow up, Fast lane quotes and orders, Order management processes, Expedite order Team, Sales Facilitator Development, new hire, career path, Dedicated Density Applications.
- Lead Kaizen on quote and order process from Quote to Cash. Implementing the changes in Boulder and Manila.
- Drive changes in the processes for orders of Density and Low Flow products.
- Implemented continuous improvements in International order process with the end result an overall improvement in clean orders and a reduction of non-conform errors in downstream processing.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Warehouse Supervisor, Memphis, TN 2005 - 2006
- Supervised a team of 19 EMPLOYEES. Responsible for receiving, inspection, inventory, and replenishment activities.
- Monitor daily productivity AND SERVICE LEVELS
- Facilitate TEAM meetings, Safety training and INSPECTIONS.
IKON OFFICE SOLUTIONS 1983 –2005
World’s largest independent channel for copier, printer, and MFP technologies.
Director of CUSTOMER Service, Sacramento, CA (2004-2005)
Directed all aspects of the Central Valley Marketplace Service Department.
- Created a customer oriented service culture focused on accountability and performance by providing leadership, strategy, and motivation for the department.
- Led a team of 7 managers and 95 technicians delivering an Annual budget of $24 Million in revenue and $12 Million in Operating Income.
- Increased customer satisfaction from a VERY SATISFIED rating of 70% to 82%, while head count was reduced 10%.
- Prepared major contract bids for state, county, and private businesses by working across all departments and levels to COORDINATE PROPOSALS.
- Regained a MAJOR city school district account after losing the bid to a competitor BASED ON pricing.
Configuration Center Manager, Denver, CO (2003-2004)
Managed all areas of the Denver configuration center warehouse.
- Led a team of 20 warehouse employees and 3 supervisors through an operating system conversion to Oracle; selected to be AN Oracle SuperUser AND TRAINER.
- CREATED AND DROVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE culture through team building, motivating employees, and instituting performance based results.
- Collaborated with staff members and marketplace managers to achieve revenue goals.
- Provided intensive company wide customer service training.
- Developed a contingency plan for operation in disaster situations.
- Reduced the configuration center facility size 40%, saving $100,000 per year.
- Saved $100,000 annually by consolidating the number of warehouse facilities used within the marketplace.
- Decreased total warehouse inventory 25% totaling $500,000, while IMPROVING order delivery time 25%.
Division Field Service Manager, Denver, CO (1999-2003)
Led A CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM COVERING over 3,000 customers AND a territory including Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, and Western Nebraska.
- Directed a team of 42 technicians and 4 managers delivering $6 Million in annual revenue.
- Recruited, hired, counseled, terminated, reviewed, trained, and scheduled employees.
- Merged 3 separate companies into 1 unified service organization.
- Facilitated the development and implementation of the departmental vision and mission.
- Implemented self-directed work groups by providing training in P&L accountability, territory management, TEAM WORK, and customer service.
- Transformed a culture of independent employees into one of interdependency and cooperation.
- Worked closely with the sales organization TO resolve CUSTOMER concerns and rectify complaints to increase customer satisfaction.
- Partnered with other managers in the service and sales departments to design CUSTOMIZED customer solutions and retain and grow accounts.
- Maintained adherence to manpower and performance goals.
- Increased division profit 40% year-over-year; reduced direct and indirect expenses approximately $500,000 annually.
- MEMBER OF DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION TEAM FOR THE IKON FIELD SERVICE MANAGEMENT PERFORMANCE EVALUATION AND REVIEW PROGRAM.
- PART OF A TEAM OF MANAGERS WHO WHERE CONTINOUSELY ENGAGED IN SELF DEVELOPMENT THROUGH BOOK REVIEWS AND OTHER SELF FACILITATED MATERIALS.
Field Service Manager II, Denver, CO (1995 -1999)
- Led a team of 31 technicians, managing all aspects of the team.
CUSTOMER SERVICE TECHNICIAN AND TEAM LEADER, DENVER, CO (1983-1995)
WESTERN COAL COMPANY, Farmington, NM 1981 – 1983
Mining Engineer, San Juan Mine
Planned and developed a proposed underground mining operation to coincide with the existing surface mining operation.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BS, Mining Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
- Minor In Economics
Accounting I and II, Aurora Community College, Aurora, CO
High Performance Leadership , University of Denver
MBA, Regis University, Denver Colorado
Micro Motion Training:
Ninja I Certification
Project Management I and II
Lean training for Managers
Numerous IKON training CLASSES INCLUDING leadership, MANAGEMENT, change management, computer networking, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING, PERFORMANCE REVIEWS, Union Prevention, Six Sigma methodologies, AND VARIOUSE HR CLASSES.
Attained Six Sigma Project Champion and Six Sigma Green Belt Certifications.